Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sewing projects: finishing one and starting another

I just finished my wool skirt - first pattern ever attempted! I still have to sew backing onto the waistband but it's essentially done. I already see what I could have done differently, but I really like the end result

Next up, another vintage skirt pattern! Emmy Muller is creating a line which she's going to debut at the end of this month, and she asked me to do the headpieces (details to come!). I'm so honored and excited. Now I just need to find something to wear...

I want something vintage, but I haven't found the right piece just yet. Today, I got this fabric at SewLow Discount Fabrics in East Cambridge. If you live in the area, and you haven't been to this shop yet, go! I wanted to do a day version of this skirt too, but haven't found the fabric I have pictured in my mind. For now, I'm going to tackle this simple skirt - wish me luck!

No comments: