Thursday, June 11, 2009

No frizz? Really...?


Spring and Summer in the Northeast mean massive amounts of rain and humidity. For my curly hair, that means lots of creative updos (and not so creative ponytails). While I like to change my style when I can, I am generally low-maintenance and I like to wear my long hair down and curly. However, on days like today, it poofs up like a poodles coat and I am pulling it back less than ½ way through the day.

That’s why I was so excited to see a new product for curly hair with so much buzz on the market. I should have been wary of the buzz. My friend ordered 2 bottles from QVC and offered me one of the bottles to try it myself. Admittedly, I only used it once, but there are no miracles in a bottle here. I styled my hair according to the directions using an ample amount cream. While I was impressed by the light fragrance and the texture (not too sticky), I was unimpressed with the results. The weight of the product made my hair fall flat and while that solves the poof-factor, it does nothing for my style.

I’ve read a good deal of positive reviews online, so it must be working for someone, just not me (or my friend – who is returning her No Frizz today).

Overall: overpriced, nothing special

1 comment:

Shalyn said...

Bummer! I have the same problem :/ I had gotten excited about a hopeful product! Oh well, the search continues ;)