Wednesday, March 4, 2009

something to blog about...

In an effort to keep up with this blog, I'm looking for some good blog topics. Any suggestions?

Meanwhile, I just wanted to mention Johnny Depp's upcoming movie (due out July 1, 2009) Public Enemies. 

I was hoping to post a trailer, but couldn't find one. Not only does this film feature Johnny Depp and Christian Bale (whom I still love despite his anger issues), 
it looks like it will features some fabulous 1930's headwear. It may be the Depression, and they may be a bunch of criminals, but they know how to wear hats. Look for Marion Cotillard as John Dillinger's main squeeze (loved her in La Vie en Rose).


Hopefully, it won't romanticize crime too much (sure) and it won't be a bomb with Michael Mann directing. With the costumes, the men and the cars, I plan on seeing this one in the theatre. 


In the meantime, I'm waiting for my millinery book, How to Make Hats, to come in the mail. The drawings remind me of my grandmother's Lady's Auxiliary Cookbook - 


I can't wait to try some of the patterns!


No comments: